Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sides

I hate it when your friends say crap to you like, "You know I can't take sides" because really what they are doing IS taking sides with the other person they jsut won't side with you. So because you are a new friend in thier life they couldn't dare side to you over the old friend in thier life so they "cop out" and say they "can't take sides" but that is not true. They "choose" not to take sides because they don't want to be put in the middle.

But I don't think it is wrong to take sides to each level of each person. I am sure that not both parties are correct and they each have issues for and against on thier own side. Why can't the person int he middle say, "I can see where you are coming from?" I am sure they would be able to see that, right? No I guess not.

I get that the friend has been a friend for years, but what am I chopped liver?

I don't jsut want to vent.

I want support, understanding and validation for what I am feeling, thinking, doing.

I already have someone in my life who does not give me that. I don't want to be with people who treats me as bad as he does. I want thier support. Do I have to go through everything by myself, for the rest of my life, always?

I feel more and more like the answer to that is yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment