Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Purusha

“What seems night to others is the state of awakening for one with a mind thus disciplined. And what appears day to others is as night to the sage who knows the Self.” What is real for the un-enlightened being is unreal for the yogi and vice versa. In other words, the one who has yet to be Self-realized, Prakriti, the material world, is his/her reality. Money, fame, labels will become the guiding principles in life, ending in continuous suffering and pain. On the other hand, the Self-mastered being remains unattached to Prakriti, understanding that the realm of Purusha (Soul) is what ultimately is real and produces lasting peace and harmony.”

In what ways do I identify and remain attached to my labels?

Who am I beyond my various labels (ie. mother, father, worker, yoga student)?

Have I caught glimpses of my True Nature? Explain.

Weekly insights & observations: coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment