Thursday, July 20, 2017

Perspective

Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes just when think we have a handle on things, life pulls the rug out from under our feet just to see if we know how to stand. Often we fall and end up on the ground. Sometimes we wobble a little and say to life "Ha ha nice try but I've got this." Then other times we are lying flat on our back looking up at the sky and we as always, we have a choice. do you choose to look at life from the ground and say "WTF, life, I was doing great til now" then wallow in self-pity and despair about our lives? Or do you choose to look up and say, "What a beautiful sky. What a nice color of blue.
When I was younger my mother and I used to roller skate everywhere. Of course, in the 70's and early 80s that was the thing anywhere. Skates. the problem with skates I have learned after the age of 40 is that we are not balanced in the same way a kid or teen is.
One day, we were skating together under an underpass in Lawndale, Ca. My mother hit a rock and next thing I knew, WHAM, she literally was flat on her back. My mother has SEVER back injuries and issues when I wan very little and I knew that this could be detrimental to her if she landed on her back the wrong way.
As I rushed over to my mom worried and panicked I said "Are you alright? Is everything ok?"
She said "What do you think of that color blue? Could I replicate in my paintings? I really like that color."
I was in awe. My mother could have screamed, whined, made a fit and would have every right. Instead, she saw the beauty in the sky and wanted to make other beauty like it.
I laughed and said, "Is your back ok?"
She slowly got up and said to me "My back is fine. Sore, but fine. Thank you. I guess maybe God doesn't think I should wear skates anymore. " Then she laughed a big belly laugh. then I laughed. It was one of those great learning lesson moments.
Funny thing is. That is the last time she wore roller skates, that I can remember. Even funnier is that I remember the scene.
That day and so many other days my mother never fails to impress me. She is one of the most loving, caring, honest, real and raw people I know. When all that mumbo jumbo about BEING AUTHENTIC came out, my mother was already honoring that, teaching that, being that. AUTHENTIC. REAL. WYSIWYG.
Do you see the beauty when you are down or do you see the problem? How do YOU look at life? Just like the image I shared, it is all about perspective. What is your view? Does it need to change? Are you ready for change? Are you ready to take charge of your life once again and RISE to the occasion?
Is it Time for Fabulous in your life? Then hop on the Fabulous Bus and Let's Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment