Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday: What do you wish for your home?

Wishcasting Wednesday: What do you wish for your home?


Ok, don't laugh...I want a silly thing for my upcoming birthday (May 16th-I am a Taurus)...

I want a whistling Teapot.

This is what I wish for my home. IT is sill I am sure. But I want it. 
I have been buying up pieces of furniture here and there to make the house a home...an old table I polished for us to eat in the kitchen, an old hutch I polished and fixed up to use as a TV center for our new Cable box and Blue Ray Player, an old, used and abused white drawing table for me to use for my art...

I have been doing all these things to make the house a home...MY home.

But it just isn't there yet.

I was watching my friend's little girl and I saw she had one of those old school whistling teapots and my brain said THAT"S IT!!!

Water boiling on the stove, the whistle sounding like and old friend, tea steeping in filters with leaves or bags, a nice cup of tea, with a good book in a comfy chair....

I don't know maybe I ma a dork, but I just love the sound of the whistle I guess. It makes me FEEL at home. IT makes me want to BE at home. I KNOW there is someone who wants to share tea with me and who will enjoy it with me, maybe that is it.

But that is it.

A teapot that whistles...A nice shiny red one would be nice...:)



2 comments:

  1. I love whistling teapots...so your wish is an easy one to second. As you wish Trisha, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh awesome! I am longing for cute tea things, too. Isn't that funny? I've gone years without caring but lately I have been entertaining people so I want all that cute stuff!

    I feel your wish!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish right alongside you! (and when your wish comes through I hope you will post photos!)

    ReplyDelete