Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Short Week


Well, this is going to be a short week at work, but much to do. I had a meeting today with 3 of the managers and my SVP. I had to print the P & P I am currently working on and the memo's we were considering inputting. I had my PINK Jr. Legal with me. This is a very me thing to have by the way. I enjoyed the meeting. I am such a nerd. How many people say, "I enjoyed the meeting." Geez.

Anyway, I wrote down everything and wasn't afraid to make a few suggestions. They were taken well and clarified who was in charge of what part they were doing. Then when we went back to our desks I sent out a post-meeting email with all the responsibilities ( I hate saying DUTIES as it sounds like Do-Dee and I will get into that another time why) and even inputted what I was reponsible for. I felt like I needed to do that as I don't want them to think I am not doing anything and I am having them do all the work.

Also, today I asked B what the priorities were for the work I was doing so I was focusing my time and energy in the right direction. I think she seemed impressed by that as she
smiled real big when I left her office.

So I have this huge P & P project due by next week and something else I have to create a tracking for in Excel. Plus some minor things that she wants done as fill in work. And then there is the daily Interoffice, plus daily reports that have to be run, that I didn't know had to be run daily, but found out today and now I am to do those first thing in the morning. (breathe)

I can't believe how much she was doing on her own w/o an admin for so long. I love taking care of things and helping her so she can focus on her job. In a way it is service. I love to serve others, so this is an extension of volunteering in a way. I know. I'm weird. I look at things weird. What can I say.

Oh, I already rec'd feedback on my other tracking and of course, they didn't like it. Go figure. But honestly, if someone gives you a soft copy form to fill out do you really think in this day and age that I mean for you to fill it out by hand? I meant for them to type in the info and write the E team they give it to with their name and then email it to me at the end of the day. But, I guess that wasn't clear. So they have another way they want to do it so I said fine let's try it your way and then we will take both ways and I will discuss it with B and we will go from there.

Then there is the birthdy thing. ok, I worked in Food service for over 12 years and thought I had heard the last
Happy Birthday song in a group setting when I left, but no I get to hear it nearly every other day it seems. I have only been then a week and some and I have heard the song 3 times. If we have a lot of birthdays that month, that is a lot of singing and plus the loss of productivity is endless. So I am taking a vote for who wants to celebrate Once a month and who wants to celebrate Each birthday. I don't think I am becoming the most favorite person at the office, but I am not there to make friends I am there to do a job.

Of course, I say that and then hate the fact that I have to lunch alone. Sure, I see people eating lunch at other tables, but I feel if they wanted me over they would talk to me more or ask. I don't want to crash their lunch. It's funny how I am an ESTJ but somehow the I from HS comes out and I get shy.

So I blog. And now, after skinng the chicken we cooked onthe BBQ yesterday for Labor day and making French cut green beans, red potatoes and eating left over Trixie's world Famous Deviled Eggs, I will blog my other site and then off to relax more in front of the TV.

Hope you all had a great day off yesterday if you had one.

BFNNFL
T~

No comments:

Post a Comment