Friday, March 09, 2007

Selfless or Selfish

Why do people think are they being selfish when they are trying to be ahppy and do things for themselves. It appears to me that usually the people who say this are mostly "selfless" and do so much for other people that they lose out most of the time. I was one of those persons for years and finally became aware of thi things in life I was missing and took a stand.

People will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. If you are complaining because someone does not treat you well, then it is your own fault. If you are not getting what you need, speak up or shut up.

Also, why is it everyone else deserves the best of you but you? If you don't take care of yourself then how are you really expected to take care of others? If you don't make yourself happy, how can you make others happy? am I wrong to think that I have a rigt to be happy? Don't I deserve to be treated fairly, deserve to be happy, deserve to have things on my life? I think so.

But hey...do that and people tell you that you are being selfish. Do I think that self perservation can go over the top? Sure it can. I whole-heartedly agree. Some people take it to the extreme. I am merely talking about the simplicity of tending to one's own self once in awhile and allowing yourself happiness.

My opinion: Those who think they are being SELFISH are usually the ones who need to be a little bit more. The ones who think they are being SELFLESS are the one's who need to be more that way as well. The people who are a little of both are well balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment