Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pride



Today someone I dearly admire said how proud she was of me on Facebook. Now maybe, to the rest of you, you hear things like this all the time so it means nothing to you. But to me, it means the world. I have done many things in my life and with those many things I have had many struggles, many failures and MANY lessons.

This was not my mother, though she often tells me too. This was not from a best friend who has known me forever, though they DO often tell me that as well. No, this was fro a Mentor. Someone I only recently met. Someone who has done well in the community I live and someone who other people admire. That is why this carries so much weight for me.

I barely know this person. However, in the little time I have known her, she has encouraged me, inspired me, supported me mentally and spiritually and believed in me.

There was once a time when I remember my man telling me so profoundly, "I believe in you" and how I thought my whole body was going to melt.

Today, when this person said she was proud of me, I felt like it was a good thing I was sitting down or my knees would have buckled.

I debated on which blog to post this. I felt like it could be a great lesson of my Trixie Tabloids. It could inspired others for Trisha Trixie Designs. But in the end, I felt this blog, my blog, my heartfelt thoughts an emotions...this is the blog it should be on, because this is me.

This is me pouring my heart out to you. The interwebs, those who will listen and even if there is no one there, this is where I felt like I needed to share because this blog page is the real me. It is the realest me you will get. Not the you I allow you to see, but the depths of my emotions me. The me I have forgotten about. The me, I am showing you once again.


The me that relishes in things like a simple "I am proud of you". How little we tell others these kinds of things and how VASTLY it can make a difference to someone. How greatly those little words made a difference in me tonight. Even though it was not even verbal, I heard the tone in her text, in the words as they were laid out on the page of Facebook..."I am proud of you!"

Thank you BB for those words. Thank you for making my heart feel full tonight. Thank you for making joy fill my heart so full that is welled up my eyes with happiness to know that someone I admire so much admires me.

To the rest who may be reading this, take the time to tell another how you feel.

It may seem like nothing to you, but mean the world to them.

And for the ones who will hear me, the ones who NEED to hear me, Be Proud. Be proud of yourself, who you are, how far you have come and how much you have accomplished. It's ok. Be Proud. For you are Fabulous.

Xoxo Trisha Trixie

No comments:

Post a Comment