Monday, December 26, 2016

Do you miss you hair? And other things I think of...

As I was sitting in the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center today I looked over and saw this lovely woman with a beautiful black and white scarf. I really wanted to say something encouraging but all I could think of what to say so I said "I love your scarf" She said thank you and went back to reading her magazine. Her spouse was next to her looking at his phone.

Though he wasn't paying grand attention to her, I kept thinking "That's nice someone was with her"

The more I sat there I though  Do people who have lost their hair from Chemo look at new cancer patients and start thinking things...

for instance...

That poor girl, I hope she doesn't lose her hair too

or

Just wait, you will see

or

Gee, I wish I still had my hair...

I know these are dumb things to think, but nevertheless, I think them.

As I was sitting there, all I could think of was ....

I am so glad I am strong and tough. I don't know many people who could do this, who could handle this. Here I am alone, trying to absorb ALL this information, and most often I am alone and that is okay. Sometimes, one must endure things and battles and fights in life alone to become the amazing person I am meant to be...

My thoughts run away with me more often than not and I swear I think the dumbest things while going through all this...but then I think about my thoughts, perhaps this is what others think. Perhaps it is just me. But jus tin case. That is why I am posting this

No comments:

Post a Comment