Thursday, April 14, 2011

GUYS

In this circle and cycle of dating I am learning quite a lot. The funniest and most intriguing thing of all is that guys are all the same. Most unusual dates and interesting dates were the ones from my Speed Dating results-

Mr. IntheNavyNow told me right off his whole family lives with him, which is far to reminiscent of Mr. Artist. Though, I did enjoy the time Navy guy and I talked I think I enjoyed the friendship more than anything else and how do you tell a guy that? I had a great time, but I just want to take your daughter to Wicked and have fun hanging out as friends with you? Hmm, yeah, don't think there is a way to approach that one.

Mr. RealEstate invied me back to his house on a first date to and I quote "watch movies". Yeah right.When I stated I am not that kind of girl, he hasn't called me since.

Mr. Pointer, was able to point out everything he saw wrong in me yet not see why his fiance canceled the wedding 10 days before they were supposed to be married.

and I didn't even give the other ones a chance because after those guys, I saw no point...reality had thus set in.

I did think it was funny however that the guy who set his beer down DURING speed dating and didn't even hardly talk to me put me as a YES and expected me to reciprocate. Dude, come one really?!? You only had 6 minutes to talk to me and you chose to go pee. What was worst, is I was the last female so after my 6 minutes, he could've gone. Uh, no thanks.

And then the Professor from Ames who informed me he didn't need to go out because he had Netflix also requested to see me. Hmm, No thanks, I'll pass.

Moving on...this...this is what I have to look forward to? I am starting to see things in a different light now. I thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence. I think I am now seeing, it is just different.

When I was in a relationship I had tons of guys telling me "I wouldn't treat you that way." or "I would be different" but I have come to find out that those things are just untruths told to you to pull you away from the man you are with. Once you are away, reality sheds light differently.

Some men will disagree and say that is the difference between the men and the boys. Hmm I beg to differ.

I choose to now lump you all into one category : GUYS

All GUYS are immature sometimes.

All GUYS just don't get what women are trying to say sometimes.

All GUYS think about sex more than they think about other things, some just admit it more than others.

All GUYS find their family important and find it difficult to draw the line of distinction at some point in time or the other.

All GUYS are pigs, eventually.

All GUYS are pretty much the same.

So, an old friend said to me recently that maybe I find 9 out of 10 of what I want and go with that. This is a debacle to me. Is that settling then? I am still trying to figure out what really makes me happy. Is being with someone and not being fulfilled in life worth it? Perhaps being fulfilled in life and being far away from someone is ok? But then I feel lost and forlorn. Maybe it is the someone who cares for you and takes care of you and does everything for you? Though that can get old, one can feel smothered in that environment and like you can't breathe.

I go back to what my mother said, I am 40, I am probably going through my mid life crisis. I am trying to figure it all out. That could be true. But what scares me is what if the end of the world really is near? What is my life were near the end? Deciding who I want to be with is the hardest task of all.

Cuz, if all GUYS are the same...who do I choose if any at all?

2 comments:

  1. Truly "funny" and only you know what I mean by that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! I think your premise is solid, especially considering the kinds of guys you met speed dating. Speed dating - by definition, it's dating for people who don't have time to date. I think I assumed they would all be very busy professionals, but it sounds like some of them are just lazy and/or shut-ins. All guys are... well, some of your points are pretty accurate. Not sure what the bit about family means - that describes most people of both genders... other than the occasional person who hates his/her family (they do exist).

    I dunno if the name-calling is necessary, though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete