Friday, July 20, 2012

Too Blonde for Marriage

I was looking up a quote and ran across this script from Legally Blonde. First I started laughing and then that thing I hate seeing or talking about or thinking about came up...and I stopped dead in my tracks...

Some more crap about Marriage! Ugh, why does everyone have to be getting married or talk about it. I am tired of seeing Wedding commericals or ring ads! I can't even watch a TV show without there being something about it.

But this one was a bit different. I didn't cry or get upset. I felt nothing. Now I don't know if that is good or bad, but it made me fully aware of my feeling at that moment.

Here is the part I am referring to...

 You're breaking up with me?

              I thought you were proposing.

              Proposing?

              Elle, if I'm going to be a senator...

              I need to marry a Jackie, not a Marilyn.

              You're breaking up with me because I'm too blonde?

              No. That's not entirely true.

              Then what? My boobs are too big?

              Elle, your boobs are fine.

              So when you said that you would always love me...

              you were just dicking around?

              Elle, I do love you.

              I just can't marry you

But this part at the end of Legally Blonde is the best. She tried so hard to be what he wants. The he wants her. She realizes she is past it, past him and past her feelings and she moves on and gets on with her life...the closing speach I fee epitomizes me

           After getting off to a quite interesting start... 
                I'm sure we are going to see great things from her.

                Ladies and gentlemen, Elle Woods. (Trisha Trixie Hunter)
              On our very first day at Harvard...

                a very wise professor quoted Aristotle.

                "The law is reason free from passion."

                Well, no offense to Aristotle...

                but in my three years at Harvard...

                I have come to find that passion is a key ingredient...

                to the study and practice of law and of life.

                It is with passion, courage of conviction...

                and strong sense of self...

                that we take our next steps into the world...

                remembering that first impressions...

                are not always correct...

                you must always have faith in people...

                and most importantly...

                you must always have faith in yourself.

                Congratulations, Class of 2004.

                We did it!
 
I realize in everything we see or hear that it is what we take away from it that matters. So what I took away from this was a few funny and perhaps not so funny things...

  1.  I am an Audrey, Jackie, Elle, and Marilyn rolled up in one
  2. I have no clue what my hair color would be if you mixed all those together but I am a Blonde through and through and am tired of trying to be serious
  3. Men hate defining a relationship. Women always want to define it. Adage I heard recently. "The sure fire way to kill a relationship is to try to define it." YEP.
  4. At the end of watching A Girl with a Dragon Tattoo I said "See men rarely make it clear where the relationship stands, present bf included! " The boyfriend came back with"Girls always assume" funny
  5. Relationship building is NOT for the weak. You must be strong because often the outcome may not be what you envision. 
  6.  I am growing tired of trying to figure out what it was that was wrong with me for why he didn't want to marry me
  7. I have made a new female friend that I always hoped would be but never thought in a million years and I learned to never give up HOPE, jsut make sure you put your Hope it the right place
  8. Second to that never give up FAITH, but put your FAith in God where it belongs
  9.  I decided instead that just like Elle Woods I came to realize the ex BF was in fact...a Bonehead! :)
  10.  I am NOT too blonde for marriage
XOXO,
Trisha Trixie

No comments:

Post a Comment