Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DArtWpCU-IE

When I was sitting there Friday this song kept coming through my head. Going throguh my head. Whichever.

My Bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Then I ended up there because of the weather and you were sleeping and the song rang through my ears again...

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye...

Already I'm so lonesome I could die


I could feel the lonliness boiling inside me...but as I was sitting there I was thinking...you already feel this. You already feel alone. Except when I don't.

Ya, that a girl for you not making sense.

There were times that I felt we were companions and buddies and shared so much and understood each other better than anyone else and then there were times I thought we just didn't understand each other at all.

There's so many times I've let you down

I'm sorry I wasn't perfect for you. I am sorry there were things that would not let you budge enough to step over the hurdles of adversity to the mound of love and move forward to marriage. I let you down. I am sorry. I failed.

Every place I go, I think of you
Every song I sing, I sing for you


It is hard to move on I know, as you say. There is so much of YOU wrapped up in me and vice versa. I look around and there you are. Your signature is on everything and no matter what I put away or hide, you are still there because I want you there. My Audrey, as I call it is special to me. I cannot hide it away. It is My Audrey. my new Audrey is also now special.


Now the time has come to leave you
One more time, oh, let me kiss you
And close your eyes and I'll be on my way


odd that I did just that...kiss you one last time then leave you once again...

But I'm leaving on a jet plane

and that I am...

an a part of me wishes I wasn't coming back...

1 comment: