Sunday, December 26, 2010

My church has been discussing the Christmas of our dreams. The series ended tonight but last week was even more interesting and I didn't say anything about it. I want to say something about it now along with what tonight's message was in more detail.


Last week it was When Dream Becomes Nightmares


When God Messes up our plans what are we to do. Matthew 213-19


We are to remember that God is trying to get our ATTENTION. Everyone always wants a sign or an angel but we don't need that for one and as well God gives us signs every day we just need to open our eyes to see them. Some people need a 2x4 to smack them over the head to notice what God is trying to tell you and he has to put your life in despair for you to notice.


"For I know the plans I have for you" Jeremiah 29:11


How do you know you are NOT living God's Dream for your life?


3 Things:

1. You are Fatigue

2. You are Frustrated

3. You are Fearful


These are signs that you are trying too hard to live your OWN dream and not God's dream for your life.

There will always be another hill to climb.


He wants to have a relationship with you. He wants you to know the plan and purpose he has for you.


He wants you know and use the gifts and talents that you have and build your dreams and use them for a greater good.


God interrupts our dreams in order to get our attention. God's dreams are often bigger than our dreams.

God's dreams are often better than our dreams.

Or dreams are smaller and nothing compared to what he has in store for us if we would only let him work in our lives than we could see it.


(this is the one where I looked up to pay attention I must say) -God's dreams for our relationships are better than what we could imagine....God may want you to run from your relationship. God may want you to stop the pain and stop the hurting. God may be saying you have had enough. (I nearly lost it when I heard this and deeply gulped write down the note and looked back up)


Remember...


where there is Satan there is=Temptation


where there is God there is=Inspiration


Let go and let go and you to could have all the dreams you desire.


Tonight's lesson was Where Dreams Collide and to join in last week's notes and this weeks I reminded myself to think...


think and ask myself...


Am I seeking god's will?

Am I letting go and letting God?

Is what I am doing in my life and in my relationship building up God or tearing him down?

Is my partner helping this in my life or hurting this?

Is my partner supporting this or idly standing by?

Am I too focused on my "personal"dreams to see what "God's dream is for me anymore? I say "anymore" because I remember when I use to speak of God every day. I remember when I sued to feel like I was so spiritually in tune with god that I felt like I WAS fulfilling god's purpose here on earth. I was serving God and serving others. I don;t feel like I need to be a Mormon to do that anymore but I don't feel like I do enough to fulfill that. I know that God has more planned for me that being a IT person. I know I make a difference in this world and I have been so wrapped up in myself that I have NOT done enough for others.


A dream can be united. Others can help you reach your dream. Others you never thought imaginable can help you reach your dream. Others can join in with you and share your dream or help you see your dream or help you see a dream you never knew you had and that could be the dream god wants you to have.


Pray that god will show you your dream.


Pray that your hear will be open to see the dream God has for you.


God bless.


Happy New Year.


I hope you enjoyed my notes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment