Friday, May 06, 2011

The Pit

I have always been taught to look up in life. I was trained that in life you take the good with the bad.
I was told continually that everything happens for a reason.
So when in life I have been down, felt I was going in circles, felt like I was stuck in a rut or down in a pit, well I do my best to just chaulk it up to life and accept it.

Until now.

Today in my brand new devotional journal, Looking Up by Beth Moore, I found at the Hope Lutheran Bookstore I was reading and today's lesson pretty much told me to knock it off.

"Maybe your noble trying to make the most of your pit. You keep wondering why you aren't satisfied there, why you aren't mature enough to be content? Has it occurred to you that you are not supposed to be content?"

"Maybe you should be thankful you're not content. Some things weren't meant to be accepted. A pit is one of them. Quit trying to make the best of it. It's time to get out."

"...think outside the pit, accept the truth that God doesn't want you in there any longer"

I know accept that truth. A new truth for me from my Truthteller that came through a different messenger. A book, but not just any book. Those who might remember, I have been looking for Just the Right Devotional Journal book.

Last week I went to church when I haven't gone in awhile. I have been feeling lately that things haven't changed much for me in the past few years. I have been feeling like I was in a pit that I couldn't or shouldn't get out. I thought maybe I just needed to accept my plight.

Not anymore. I accept that I don't need to be in the pit anymore. I accept that I don't need to figure out why I am here or deal with it or be mature about beig in it.

I have had the answer the whole time. I am a think outside the box type person. So all I need to do is Think outside the Pit?!?! Ok I'll get right on it right now.

I will not be content in my pit any longer! I believe God and I can and will get out this pit together. God is my strength and he will help lead me to a place of contentment.

Psalm 31:3

Goodbye Pit. I release you of surrounding me. I no longer need you or want you. I break free of you. I choose not to be in a pit anymore.

Hello Life, I would like a wonderful, happy, successful life, financially stable, relationship happy, and only good and positive allowed in my life from now on.

Oh and by the way, no pits!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iTouch

1 comment:

  1. I really love this post. No more pits for me either. It is easy to be content but I going for truly happy. Thank you for such a great post.

    ReplyDelete