Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spending Time in The Pit




How do you know you are in the Pit?

You feel stuck
You can't get yourself out
You can't stand up against your enemy

David's Pit was "slimy, muddy and mirry" (Psalm 40:2)
Jeremiah "sank down" in his (Jeremiah 38:6)

A pit is what Satan digs for you in hopes he can bury you alive.

You know you are in a pit when:

You have lost your vision. Why is this? Because the pit has no windows. Think about it. When I read that in my devotional I drew a pit and wrote "Where are the windows?"



In darkness we can't see things that were once obvious to us. We can't see the things that might be right in front of our faces.



When we are enclosed in this pit the close confinement can exhaust us with "an endless echo of self-absorption." Since we can't see out, we look inside. "Nearsightedness breeds Hopelessness"

You need to know something. Are you listening? This is important so listen up. But most of all BELIEVE. Believe what I am about to tell you because if you don't believe, then this is going to be on deaf ears and eyes. Please, open your heart and believe that...


You don't have to stay in your Pit.
You're pit has become too comfortable or familiar.
Learn what it is you like about your pit.
Accept that you deserve better.
Give yourself something better.

For me, reading about the Pit and I  have really opened my eyes. I cant believe that I have grown this accustomed to it. I can't believe that I felt safe in my pit. That I accept it just because it is what I know now.

The painful CAN get comfortable. It can get familiar. It can be acceptable.

Well, accept that pit no more. You were not meant to live in a pit.

Start looking around you. Make a window in your pit if you have to so you can see out. Make a new home that is far away from that pit as possible. One you are standing outside the pit and looking down in it I think you will say as I am starting to say "Wow, I can't believe I was in there for so long. Wow I can't believe I thought that disgusting thing was OK. "

Currently I am like you. I am just now realizing I have been in the Pit. But now I am standing on the edge of the Pit. I am looking down into that muddiness and dirt and filth and am amazed at myself.I am better than that. You are better than that.

I refuse to spend time in the Pit anymore.

Let's seek out this world and see what it has to offer...It's ok. I know you are scared. I am too. But I am here friend. God is here. There is a hand outstretched to you. It is up to you to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment