Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Take A Stand For?




Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Take A Stand For? by Jaime Ridler Studios

The very first thing that popped into my head led me back to my youth and the songs that my momma and her family listened to. The song by Aaron TIppin came right to mind.


 You Have to Stand for Something Aaron Tippin "You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything"

...then other songs I have heard started popping in my head. Music is very powerful to me. I am aLyric Listener. Meaning I really listen to them and the lyrics REALLY jump out to me. So today I want to share the music that empoweres me when I think about Standing For Something... I hope they touch your heart as they touch mine

Stand by Rascal Flatts " Cause when push comes to shove,You taste what you're made of,You might bend, till you break,Cause its all you can take,On your knees you look up,Decide you've had enough,You get mad you get strong,Wipe your hands shake it off,Then you Stand, Then you stand"

Stand by REM "Stand in the place where you live..

Hillsong United Stand "I'll Stand with arms high and heart abandoned..."

Lead me by Sanctus Real "Father give me the strength to be everything I am supposed to be...to stand up when they can't, I'll show them I am willing to fight, then give them the best of my life...Lead me cuz I can't do this alone"

I Refuse by Josh Wilson "It is easier to Stand and watch, but I Refuse because I don't wanna live like everyone else..Oh, I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else,To do what God has called me to do myself,I could choose not to move,But I refuse"

Stand for You by Jonny Diaz "Take the chains off my lips it's time to set my tongue free,Some might just turn their heads but some will raise a fist,And You told me to stand so I won't back down from this, I'll stand for truth, I'll stand for you"


I Stand by Idina Menzel (Elphaba in Wicked on Braodway) This one really moves me and empowers me and means a lot to me. I leave you with the lyrics to this one. May it touch your soul as many of you have touched mine. ..

When you ask me, who I am:
What is my vision? And do I have a plan?
Where is my strength? Have I nothing to say?
I hear the words in my head, but I push them away.


'Cause I stand for the power to change,
I live for the perfect day.
I love till it hurts like crazy,
I hope for a hero to save me.
I stand for the strange and lonely,
I believe there's a better place.
I don't know if the sky is heaven,
But I pray anyway.

And I don't know
What tomorrow brings
The road less traveled
Will it set us free?
Cause we are taking it slow,
These tiny legacies.
I don't try and change the world;
But what will you make of me?

'Cause I stand for the power to change,
I live for the perfect day.
I love till it hurts like crazy,
I hope for a hero to save me.
I stand for the strange and lonely,
I believe there's a better place.
I don't know if the sky is heaven,
But I pray anyway.

With the slightest of breezes
We fall just like leaves
As the rain washes us from the ground
We forget who we are
We can't see in the dark
And we quickly get lost in the crowd

'Cause I stand for the power to change,
I live for the perfect day.
I love till it hurts like crazy,
I hope for a hero to save me.
'Cause I stand for the power to change,
I live for the perfect day.
I love till it hurts like crazy,
I hope for a hero to save me.
I stand for the strange and lonely,
I believe there's a better place.
I don't know if the sky is heaven,
But I pray anyway. 




1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Very thought provoking lyrics.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete