Monday, March 26, 2012

My Questions



One of my favorite bloggers is also my new relationship coach through a course I am taking called The Bad Ass Broad Workshop. She posted about the five questions she asks herself each day. 

What will make me feel proud today?
What will make me feel secure?
What work needs to be done (tasks) so I can feel peaceful?
What is the life I really want?
What is the next best thing to do?

That’s a hard one for me. I don’t usually or generally narrow things down like that but I will try my best. I made one decision first...

I need to do some research before choosing my 5 questions...

I want to start first with listing the questions from my Decision Rules book.
I learned these things from Brave Girls Soul Restoration 1 and 2

MAKING YOUR OWN RULES
a. identifying what you will and will not put up with in your life
b. making non-negotiable rules about what is and is not ok in your life
c. identifying what motivates you and what demotivates you
d. deciding ONCE AND FOR ALL that this is how you want to live, how you want to feel, how you want each day to go, how you want to spend your time


These questions are from our Rule Book we made:

How I will make my Decisions: My Personal Rules
  •  
  • ·         Is this really what I want in life?
  • ·         Does this Decision support my highest spiritual beliefs, values and promises?
  • ·         Will I be able to be exactly who I am, and feel appreciated and accepted for being exactly who I am if I make this decision?
  • ·         Will this help me to be my highest and best self, centered around all of my most important values?
  • ·         Do I want this decision to become a part of the story I am writing about my life each day?
  • ·         Am I making this decision based on old beliefs about myself & others that are still lingering, or on truths that I know now?
  • ·         Am I doing this for my own heart and gut or am I trying to do this for someone else?
  • ·         Am I making this decision to honor my potential or because I am afraid of my potential
  • ·         Will I have time in my life to rest and recharge if I make this decision?
  • ·         Will I be able to keep my promises to those I love if I make this decision?
  • ·         Will others be able to control my decisions and my time? Am I ok with that?
  • ·         Is this decision causing me to give up something that is more precious to me than the decision is?
  • ·         Can I joyfully and thankfully work with the people who would have to be involved if I made this decision?
  • ·         Am I going to enjoy the results of making this decision, is it going to be fun?
  • ·         Will this choice result in the kind of result, reward or gratification that I am truly seeking and yearning for?
  • ·         Will I be taking the best care of my body and soul if I make this decision?
  • ·         Am I being treated with kindness and respect by everyone involved?
  • ·         Am I making this decision from the bravest, most soulful and authentic part of myself?
  • ·         Will I be proud of this decision 5 years from now?
  • ·         Am I making this decision so that I can grow into the kind of person that I want to become, or will it feel like going backwards?
  • ·         Will other people that I love and respect gain value from me making this decision?
  • ·         Have I thought through all the consequences of making this decision and am I willing to take responsibility for every one of them?
  • ·         Am I rushing into this decisions before the time is right?
  • ·         Will this decision inspire me to be my very best self?
  • ·         Will I feel like I have to hide this  decision from anyone who I love and respect? Why would I have to hide it?
  • ·         Am I willing to sacrifice by doing difficult, tedious and scary stuff that will come along me making this decision?
  • ·         Will this hurt my family in any way?
  • ·         Will I have to go into debt in any way if I make this decision?
  • ·         Will this choice challenge me or keep me comfortable?
  • ·         Will this decision bring me bliss or stress me out?
  • ·         Am I making this decision from fear or faith?

I decided to go over my old homework on this and remembered my Roadmap to Success for more research

Quotes I really liked that jumped out at me:
  • I want to remember that I am not my mistakes and that my mistakes do not get to define me
  • I want to remember to shut out all of the outside voices, and to stay true to everything I believe about myself and my mission, no matter how weird it may seem to the outside world
  • I want to remember that change in my attitude can get me through just about anything
  • I want to remember that I am not perfect and never will be. I am good at a lot of things and I struggle at lots of things, this is the joy of life
  • I want to remember that GOOD things can be enormous distractions from the things that are best and that its a constant battle to sacrifice what is good
  • I want to remember that discipline takes practice, daily, hourly practice, its a learned , acquired behavior and not something I was born with
  • I want to remember it is SO important WHO I choose to spend my time with
  • I want to remember that sometimes I just have to get through the boring stuff to get to the good parts and that there is always always a new fun way to make things more fun during this time
  • I want to remember I have done difficult things and I can do difficult things
  • I want to remember the people I love are the most important in the world
  • I want to remember love is worth fighting for
  • I want to really really really keep in my mind and heart my end goal and if its still what I truly want each day, I want to remember that I will have to work hard every day and in the end...it WILL be worth it!
I need to take in and account for and remember my Mission Statements
Mini Mission Statement

I will remember in all things that I do, that I want to guide my life & my decisions with these qualities that I value most:

~Always remain classy in all endeavors
~Have strength & originality in who I am
~Be a constructive member of society
~Achieve my goals, dreams, aspirations while making new ones
~Have a passion and a purpose in life
~Have importance & meaning in the things I do
~Believe in others, but always believe in myself
~Have loyalty with others
~Raise confidence in others
~Bring joy to others
~Faith, hope,charity & non conformity are not allow mottos for me but a way of life

In making decisions I need to remember and honor my Values. I found my values cards and put them back on my wall.

  1. Respect Others
  2. Treat everyone Fairly
  3. Treat everyone as people
  4. Build Trust
  5. Build Relationships
  6. Outshine Competitors
  7. Outperform competitors
  8. Cultivate a Happy Environment
  9. Respond skillfully to difficult & challenging people
  10. Be open to opportunity
  11. Make a significant difference
  12. Have a deeper loyalty with others
  13. Have passion & purpose
  14. Success is more than a financial return on an investment
  15. Promote well being in others
  16. To have importance & meaning in everything we do
  17. Regard every person highly
  18. To ensure we benefit the people as a whole
  19. Commitment to our purpose
  20. Have strength and originality in who we are
  21. Be overly generous
  22. Be considerate to everyone
  23. Be kind one to another
  24. Always remain classy in all our endeavors
  25. Raise confidence in others to move forward in life
  26. Believe in others, but mostly always believe in yourself
  27. Achieve our goals while making new ones
  28. Love one another
  29. Be beautiful on the inside and out
  30. Be a constructive member of society
My Added Bonus  31. Don’t be afraid to leap!

So to sum up here are the questions I live by on a most regular basis to help make up my mind and my decisions I ask myself often:

1.       Will I be able to be exactly who I am, and feel appreciated and accepted for being exactly who I am if I make this decision?
2.       Will this help me to be my highest and best self, centered around all of my most important values?
3.       Do I want this decision to become a part of the story I am writing about my life each day?
4.       Am I making this decision to honor my potential or because I am afraid of my potential
5.       Am I making this decision so that I can grow into the kind of person that I want to become, or will it feel like going backwards?
6.       Does it meet all my needs Emotional, Spiritual, Physical and Mental?
7.       Do I want this or need this? If I want it can I do with out it? If I need it, do I need it right now?
8.       Am I making this decision from fear or faith?
9.       Will this choice result in the kind of result, reward or gratification that I am truly seeking and yearning for?
10.   Is this decision going to allow me to honor my self respect?

Now my task at hand is to find 5 questions like Stephanie did to ask myself daily tha tI can honor and live by fully and whole heartedly....more to come...stay tuned!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wowza, this is awesome! Lot's of good stuff in here. :)

    ReplyDelete