Monday, January 02, 2012

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT! THE INTERVIEW OF A LIFETIME

I am not currently taking the course for being a Business Goddess but you can download the materials and so I did. I see that I already AM a Biz Goddess in many ways but of course there are always things to learn.

I read up, offered my assistance and am working on some of the things requested.

In this endeavor it has pushed me to do a few things that are quite exciting to me. Recently I sent in a request to Start Up City Des Moines. and now for the news:

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT
I sent in a request to Start Up City Des Moines. It is a start up company who helps well, start ups, entrepreneurs, etc get going. They know me from, NETWORKING and I always see them around town. They are supportive of my Non Profit but of course they only help FOR profit companies (they have to earn cash somehow right?)

They help connect you with the right resources, investors and develop business plans and more. It is a kewl idea and I am so glad they started it.

Wellllll.....enough of the waiting...they emailed me today and said they love my idea and want to TALK! Yipeeeee! Ok, I know it is JUST a meeting, but I know that it could be nothing or it could be something. They don't waste their time if they are interested I know I have gotten those emails before too.
I don't know when yet, they asked me when and I responded whenever you want! Now I am waiting to see what they say.

WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT

#1- I have been here before and messed it up. I used to have a Dating website called Datebydesign.com. I could have sold it to a Venture Capitalist for $500,00 but they wanted me to do all the work and they got 70%. I thought that sounded like crap so I walked away. (I smack myself often for that one). If you click on the link the site now still is worth $1500 as it redirects you to Huge Domains. You see I walked away. I thought because the site was growing so fast and doing so well (I had events and people over 5,000 on the site) that I didn't need them. Guess what- a one man (or one woman) bizness is hard to handle, market, etc. Plus my ex had half the bizness and he wanted to hang on. I lost. In the end I sold it to another dating site who then pulled out the good parts like a head of lettuce and set it up on auction for the domain to be sold the going rate now $1500.

DON'T LET YOUR HEAD GET TOO BIG IN THE BEGINNING THAT IT KEEPS YOU FROM GETTING TO THE END
 
#2-I love Fashion. I always have. When I first went to Graphic Design School I wanted to go into Fashion Design. I checked out FIDM and the Art Insititue, places that Project Runway goes to OFTEN. But my ex was paying and he wanted me to get a GD degree. I could go farther with it, learn thml, make my own business cards, yada yada. So I SETTLED (dom dom dom). But I have always yearned to do more in Fashion. See,

#3 I used to Model. I modeled for Teen, Teen Vogue and Seventeen back in 1988. It wasn't much, I did some background shots and then I also modeled for Mall runway shows and some Spokes model for a car company. But I loved it! I was an ugly duckling in HS and then blossomed into greatness! I got attention and it was great.  I was in a shoot last year for a local paper when I was 40. Then I was asked to do a Fashion Show. This year I was a Designer Liaison for two children's Designers at Omaha Fashion Week (which is pretty big next to NY Fashion Week)

#4 But the greatest thing happened at BarCamp Omaha. I had this idea for a Facebook like community but for Fashion. Models, Designers and more could all connect, converse etc and the general public would join this so they could connect, find a designer, ask dressing questions and more. That is my idea for Sensafashionities.

And now a business company who helps start ups wants to talk to ME! Little ole me about it! That is way too exciting. I don't want to get my hopes up. But, I am hoping this turns out well for us both. I know I will go in with my mind open  and keep my nose down.

I would love some positive energy, and some energy to prosperity, collaboration and Success. And anything you desire to send me will be welcomed as well. :)

Love and Light,
Always,
Trisha ^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment